-->

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

ICAD 2016: Warm-Up #10

Ugh, this card gives me the heebie jeebies.  My office/creative space is a disaster.  In January I decided that I would do the whole 'Word of the Year' thing and picked Declutter.  Quite a few things in the house have found their way to the recycle bin, Goodwill, the trash but I still have a long way to go - especially in my studio.

The ICAD Warm-Up #10 is to write your name or word of the year in doodly letters.  I don't know how 'doodly' these are, but it was kind of therapeutic to to do the scribbly bits.  :)


I've decided to use index cards as my paint palette, brush cleaner-off-er (I'm sure there's an official word for that somewhere, but if so I don't know it), etc.  This one started with some black paint and watercolors smudges on the background.  Seemed appropriate for 'declutter'.  After I wrote the words I enthusiastically scribbled bits of crayon around.  Not to get overly dramatic, but the jagged edges around the border reminded me of menacing teeth gnawing at my creative soul.  You know, kind of like all the crap that's constantly sitting all over my desk which I have to shove out of the way every time I want to art.

6 more days until ICAD officially begins...

No comments: