-->

Sunday, May 29, 2016

I Needed to 'Art' Today...

I felt the need to get some paints out today.  I grabbed an index card out of my ICAD stack, pulled out some ugly scrap papers and went to work...


This started as a piece of phone book paper that I had oversprayed and mopped up spray inks with.



 It wasn't very attractive.  I glued it to the index card and rubbed some matching paints over it, doodled a bit, etc.  Better.


It's so hard for me to cover up a background that I like.  I'm working on that. :)  I pulled out one of my hand-carved stamps...


... and painted around the image.  It was too plain for me so I rubbed off some of the paint through a stencil.


Still a little plain, I drew around the stencilled images with white pen and added a bit of color back in with watercolor crayons.


To finish off, I stencilled a little bit more (the subtle pink bits) and added some shading around the pod (black charcoal pencil) and a bit of white (white charcoal pencil - though that sounds like a misnomer, doesn't it?) to make it pop even more.  To finish off I rubbed some Distress Black Soot around the edges.  Wah-lah!


Supplies used:
Acrylic paint
Sharpie, black
White Signo pen
Neocolor Crayons
Black & white charcoal pencils
Distress ink
Archival ink
Metallic gel pen

No comments: