-->

Monday, July 13, 2015

The Buru Blues

I had a bunch of scraps sitting on my desk from another project so I decided to  use them up on an ATC for the SDC: Use Attachers challenge this week.


Projects using warm and cool colors together have been catching my eye lately.  Yesterday's project (this is where the scraps came from) used the same concept. (Apparently I also have a circle thing going on.)



The ATC base was created on cardstock with acrylic paints and a little stamping.  The bottom border is Distress inks on a book page and Buru was stamped on an old childrens' textbook page (I wanted larger text so you could still see the detail on him.)

Yesterday's project (a card) was created for a 'holes' challenge.  Both of the bases on this are acrylics over cardstock.  The top layer has some stamping over it too.  So glad I finally picked up the Ranger Archival Ink.  I have been trying to make do with Memento dye inks over acrylics for a long time and it just wasn't working out.

Now that I've gotten some artsy stuff done today it's time to get down to the nitty gritty day-to-day domestic goddess routine.  Have a great day!

5 comments:

Kathi said...

Fabulous. I love the background, the color combination, the brads, and of course, Buru. He's one of my favorites.

Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Stampotique Designers Challenges!

Corrie Herriman said...

Both are lovely ! Buru looks fab just sitting there !
Corrie x

Jane Elizabeth France said...

Julie this is fabulous, I absolutely adore it, you circles background is amazing!!!

Gez Butterworth said...

Brilliant! Thank you for joining us Julie at the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Gez

Tera Callihan said...

I love these