-->

Monday, August 11, 2014

12 Tags - August

I have been horribly remiss in my participation in Tim Holtz's monthly tags.  I think my last one was March.  I had to do a bit of experimentation on this with mixed results.  See Tim's August tag by clicking HERE and here is my tag.




My first bit of experimentation was using Memento ink instead of Ranger's Archival Ink.  I really need to pick some of that up but thought I could get away with not having it.  How many black inks does one really need?  Apparently one more.  The Memento didn't really work on top of the tape so I used black StazOn instead.  It worked okay but I had to do some touching up on her face with my Pitt pen.


My next bit of experimentation was using embossing paste rather than texture paste.  The stain didn't seep into the embossing paste like it did the texture paste.  I kind of like the way it turned out though.


My third experiment was to combine regular acrylic paint with Distress Paint on the gears.  That worked out pretty well too.  Good to know.

I'm adding this to the Stampotique Designers Challenge Bows challenge this week too.

Have a great week!


11 comments:

massofhair said...

Fab experiments, love the outcome, your bow is the perfect pop of colour:-) xxx

Jackie said...

Love your step by step pictures and explanation !
I think the tag turned out great even though a few bits didn't go as you wanted! Thanks for joining us this week at the stampotique designers challenge

sally said...

Nice experimenting :-) I'm still on vacation so no attempts at the latest tag so far!

Sally

Kay Wallace said...

Love how you created this vintage tag with a pop of "Stampotique," Julie! When things don't go as planned, we learn new ways of doing things, don't we? Love the bow here! Thanks for participating in the Stampotique Designers' Challenge this week!

Sam & Poppy said...

Gorgeous Julie :)
Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique :)

Corrie Herriman said...

Gorgeous ! I actually think the effect of the stains on the embossing paste looks better then on Tim's texture paste !
Corrie x

Basement Stamper said...

all your tags turned out gorgeous! Love the different effects on each of them. Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

Redanne said...

I love your experimentation - your tag is absolutely stunning. I love that Stampotique image! Anne x

Unknown said...

love,love your tag, the timbre personnage is gorgeous, very nice work!

*Arwen* said...

This is WOW Julie! Great tag!
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Design Challenge :)

xx Arwen

Sam K said...

Wow, this is stunning. Gorgeous colours and design xx