-->

Monday, August 5, 2013

Calendar Tags and yet more ATCs

Yes, indeed.  Jumped right into those SCS swaps with both feet a couple of months ago.  Now all of the due dates are on my doorstep and I've realized that with fall right around the corner the Steed household will be a beehive of activity which equals less craftalicious time for me so I've avoided signing up for (many) more.

This weekend found me and my inky fingers finishing up a Calendar Tag swap and Alphabet ATC swap (my letter is H). 

That's a lotta tags!

The tags need to be in "Tim Holtz style" and my months are August and May.  I previously shared my August tag HERE  but here is my tag for May:


I especially like how the peacock background turned out.  I was thinking Mothers' Day for May but it could also simply represent spring, weddings or graduations I suppose.

My alphabet ATCs are an ode to recycling and my penchant for saving EVERYthing.

 
 I had no clue really what I wanted to do when I started so I took out my blanks and began gluing torn bits of paper towels that I'd used for mopping up excess ink (mostly Dylusions).  Happy with that I added some stenciling over the top (the stencil is from sequin waste).  Following the stenciling I dumped out scraps of paper that had bits of ink, paint, stamping, etc. and cut them into heart shapes.  A little washi tape and a phrase finished them off. 


Off to package these up and send them on their merry way.  Have a great day!

1 comment:

Sam & Poppy said...

Gosh you have been busy, loving all the colours!