-->

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

12 Tags for 2013 - July

Squeaking in under the wire again this month with my tag for July.  My favorite thing about Tim's tag this month was the brayered background.  (You can see his tag HERE.)
 

 This tag was a bear for me to finish; it just kept needing something more.  I stuck to his brayered background, distressed the edges with Walnut Stain DI and added bits of script stamping and the bird on the branch image.  I wanted Santa to stand out so stamped him in black ink.  Both the ribbon on top and the twine on the bottom were altered using Distress stains.



I attempted his crackle technique for the numbers but used Crackle Accents as that's what I had on hand.  It worked alright but didn't really turn out how I'd hoped.  It's okay, as the master himself says, Embrace Imperfection.  Working on that...


Products Used:
• #8 manila tag
• Distress Stains: Barn Door, Walnut Stain, Tarnished Brash
• Distress Paints: Tarnished Brass, Antiqued Bronze
• Distress Inks: Walnut Stain, Mowed Lawn, Barn Door, Fired Brick
• Dye Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Memento Lady Bug, Versafine Black Onyx
• Alcohol Ink: Watermelon
• Dies: Festive Foliage, Doodle Tags
• Other Stuff: Honeycomb embossing folder, seam binding, brads, red tinsel, bakers twine, green glimmer spray, tissue tape

Thanks for stopping by to look at my tag.  Cheers!

1 comment:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

That's a cool take on Tim's tag, looks really great. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment.