-->

Sunday, June 30, 2013

12 Tags of 2013 - June

Schwoo!  Just getting this one in under the wire.  Nothing like waiting until the last minute...

Senor Holtz created a beautiful dragonfly tag this month using watercolor techniques with his Distress Markers.  Sadly, I have nary a one Distress Marker so I improvised with cheapo kiddie watercolors and Distress Inks to create my Coffee Lady tag.  She's popped up in a lot of my creations lately - love her.

I used a waterbrush to do all of the coloring on her. 
 The base image was stamped with Memento Black Tuxedo.  

I thought she needed a little something more after I added the button images.  
Lavendar DMC floss tied in nicely with her robe methinks.

Love this sentiment! I had to do this twice.  I learned that the ink smudges a bit when adding water.  Here's my before shot:

 I just flipped it over, applied the background and then stamped the sentiment.

I'm not sure why I thought a wood grain background was the way to go, but it felt right to me.  I wasn't sure if this technique would work but I'm happy with the way it turned out.  





I took Walnut Distress Stain and swiped it across a manila tag from side to side.  On some of my swipes a blotch was left on the edge - not part of the plan.  I turned them into wood knots with a Sharpie; the 'planks' and woodgrain are defined using a Sharpie as well. 


Hope June has been good to you.  Thank you for stopping by!



2 comments:

Diane said...

Too cute, love the image with the slippers and fun sentiment.

Regards diane

Handmade in Israel said...

Love her! I look a little bit like her right now ;-)