-->

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Heart Canvas

Hello! 

I've had this quote scribbled on my desktop calendar for months.  I'm pretty sure I saw it on Pinterest and I've been meaning to slap it on a canvas.  I finally got around to it.


I gesso'd the background and then brushed on some absorbent ground followed by Dylusions sprays in turquoise, blue and purple.  A good spray of water got the colors to blend nicely.  After that I randomly dabbed on a script quote using violet ink as well as a background stamp in royal blue.  I took an old book page and sprayed that with the turquoise and blue Dylusions sprays, then tore a few strips to slap on the canvas as well.  Bubble wrap dipped in white acrylic paint followed that to complete the background.

The hearts are bits of overspray scraps I had laying (lying?  I never remember which one to use!) around.  I tore them into heart shapes and stamped with text stamps in coordinating colors of ink (orange or pink).  I wanted the text to be visible but not 'in your face' visible.  The green heart is a little different as I stamped with a pencil image in green down one side of that one.  Still subtle but if you look closely you'll see it.  ;)  See how I've got the whole "writing" and "take notes" thing going on?  I finished this heart off with a little blingage just for fun.

I wrote out the quote on scraps of white cardstock outlined with smidges of greens using Copic markers.

Never one to finsh a project in a hurry (pro-cras-ti-na-tor, or as my dear husband would say, 'closure issues') I haven't decided yet how to finish off the sides.  I'm thinking I might rip more book pages and leave those plain (i.e. no color added).  What do you think?

Cheers!

1 comment:

Redanne said...

This is a really beautiful canvas Julie, the colours you chose are gorgeous, love the green heart and the torned and ripped page elements. I think ripped pages would look lovely on the edges and un-coloured would make a great contrast. Hugs, Anne x